Chicago Locksmith Tips
WE OPEN AND CERTIFY GSA CONTAINERS
CHICAGO CERTIFIED GSA TECHNICIANS
OUR TECHNICIANS ARE GSA CERTIFIED LOCKSMITH IN CHICAGO CAN:
- Replace broken GSA container parts
- Suspension Servicing
- Drawer repairs
- Boltwork Repairs
- Painting of the GSA Container
- Re-certify GSA containers
TYPES OF GSA CONTAINERS
- Class 1 – AA-F-357 – These insulated containers are no longer manufactured, and offer more protection than two black label containers.
- Class 2 – AA=F=357 – These insulated black label containers are no longer made.
- Class 3 – AA-F-358 -These black label containers are no longer made.
- Class 4 – AA-F-358 -These black label containers are no longer made.
- Class 5 – AA-F-358 – These containers offer higher protection than class 6 containers, and are made in 2 or 4 drawer versions, in black, red or blue labels.
- Class 6 – AA-F-358 – These containers are meant to be used in the field, and come in two and 5 drawer, black and red label versions.
- Class 7 – AA-F-2815 – These 2 and 5 drawer, green label containers are no longer being manufactured.
- Class 5 Vault – AA-D-600 – These black and red vaults have optional exterior viewing options.
- Class 6 Vault – AA-D-600 – These black and red vaults have optional exterior viewing options, but are no longer made for armory use.
- Class 8 Modular Vault – AA-D-2527 – These viewer optional vaults are no longer being manufactured.
The X-10 is the number one choice for securing sensitive Government material, and was designed as a result to the recent revision to the federal specification FF-L-2740, making it the USA’s highest security grade lock for container doors, locks, and “Style One” applications.
The GSA approves the X-10 lock to be used on Class 5 and 6 Filing Cabinets and Class 5 Security Vault Doors. The lock itself is self-powered, Green, and operated through simple dial rotation – as well as housing programming and option controls. All in all, it provides the aspects of a high security electronic lock while preserving the reliability and durability of a mechanical lock’s independence from power sources.
The new X-10s are all backlit with a powerful LCD lock, ideal for when containers are being stored in dim or dark storage rooms. The lock provides options for High Security Code Scrambling and an automatic lock re-set, as well as being resistant to all kinds of external forms of attack or manipulation.