Here we have a customer’s safe, which incurred damaged during an attempted break in. Luckily for our customers, not only were the would-be thieves not able to break into the safe, but our safe specialist Lance was able to open it – which allowed our customers to retrieve their belongings.
Let’s take a closer look at what transpired in this grudge match between a high quality safe and a thief.
- One of the first thing a thief will attempt is to knock out the dial. This will not be enough to gain access into a safe or vault.
- After realizing knocking out the dial did not gain entry to the safe, the thief attempted to break the handle with a hammer. What the thieves didn’t know is that the handle is installed with a breakaway cam – which causes the handle to spin freely with enough force. Again, the thief was foiled.
- In a last ditch effort, the thieves attempted to grind off the hinges, thinking this would cause the door to fall off. However, since the bolts are wrapped around the frame, grinding off the hinges accomplished nothing.
The opening of the Safe.
The thieves were not able to gain access! The safe did exactly what it was supposed to, and kept our customers’ possessions safe and sound. However, what the burglars were able to accomplish was to damage the safe to the point where our customer was not able to gain entry and retrieve their valuables. Our safe and vault specialist Lance had no worries. He was able to gain access for our customers in no time.
- Here we have Lance setting up to open the safe.
- A drill rig is setup to help with the opening.
- Here Lance will use a drill and scope to properly open the safe.
4. Victory! Another satisfied Nonstop Locksmith customer.